IF IT HAD NOT BEEN THE LORD
THE WORD OF THE WEEK
TITLE: “If It Had Not Been THE LORD” 11/10/2021
“If it had not been the LORD who was on my side…When men “rose up” against us, Then they would have swallowed us alive, When their wrath was kindled against us; Then the waters would have overwhelmed us, The stream would have gone over our soul…Blessed be the LORD, Who has not given us as prey (“as a sudden trap”)…Our soul has escaped…Our help is in the name of the LORD, Who made heav
en and earth!” PSALMS 124
Psalms 124 is a needed scripture during these times. Covid-19 pandemic has really been difficult for all of us. Many of us have lost jobs, loved-ones, our dear pets and our routines-of-life turned upside down. “If It Had Not Been THE LORD” where would we be today!
King David, in Ps 124 encourages the people of God to trust in THE Lord God and his faithfulness in their present situations. When King David began his reign in Jerusalem, the Philistines attacked them twice but the Lord gave then deliverance from the enemy. “If the Lord is for us, who can be against us.” (Rom 8:31) The enemy “rose up” or appeared suddenly in an ambush. This occurs to us in this life. Satan often does not give us warnings. So we must be wise, vigilant in praying daily and put on the whole armor of God (Eph 6:10-18). If (and indeed we are) walking daily with the Lord, no need to be fearful of enemy’s sudden attacks. If (and indeed He is) the Lord is on our side, He will provide an escape. If He has to chasten us, the Lord will still get us where we should be. We must use the WORD of God thrown on our paths to light it up when a “sudden trap” like Covid-19 occurs. We know the Lord grabs us, fights for us. He wants us free! “We have redemption through the blood of Jesus, the forgiveness of all sin according to the richness of His grace” (Eph 1:7). Our help is in the Lord!
As you continue to mature in Christ, eat heathier, ready for any attack. Consider these minerals in your foods ( Ask ur dr 1st):
· Potassium: Most Americans need morel. It’s good for your blood pressure, muscles and nerves and lower your risk for kidney stones, bone loss. It’s found naturally in milk, sweet potatoes, bananas, avocados, and legumes.
· Magnesium: If you have stomach or intestinal problems, type 2 diabetes, or long-term alcohol abuse, or if you’re an older adult, you’re more likely to be short on magnesium. Spinach is good for you Along with beans, peas, whole grains, and nuts (especially almonds), it's a good source of magnesium.
· Vitamin A: It supports good vision, healthy immunity, and tissue growth. Add orange and yellow fruits and vegetables, like sweet potatoes, carrots, and winter squash, also get it from spinach and broccoli.
· Vitamin D: Your bones, muscles, and nerve fibers all need it. It also helps keep your immune system in its prime. Foods: salmon, mackerel, and mushrooms ,Liver, cheese, egg yolks have small amounts.
· Vitamin C: Can it cure the common cold? Maybe not. But some research suggests it may make you feel less sick and better sooner. This vitamin, found in many fruits and vegetables, boosts the growth of bone and tissue. It's an antioxidant, too, so it might also help protect your cells from damage.
· Fiber: You can get loads of benefits from whole grains, beans, and veggies and fruits. A high-fiber diet can help lower your cholesterol and keeps you regular. Plus, it might lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers. Extra fiber is great if you want to lose a few pounds: It fills you up, so you eat less.
Check with your doctor for dosages and if right for you.
. The Ministry of MedLifeFit Medical Spa want to encourage spiritual discipline so that you keep maturing in Christ and to be in “Good Health”!